9.01.2010

the Superlative Intoxicant: from... New Zealand!

It's time for a little double blind action! As I pour myself a glass, the light color and boisterously earthy nose suggest a Pinot Noir. The zingy fruity lightness confirm my suspicions, a Pinot indeed! As for its origin, consider me stumped... The sprightly earth on the nose reminds me of wines from both the Willamette Valley and Burgundy, yet the lusciousness of the fruit on the palate has me convinced its a Burgundy... Let's unveil.

Oops! Forgot about those zany Kiwis; an impressive show from
New Zealand-- it seems they're bringing a little competition to the Frogs, especially at this price!

Stoneleigh Marlborough Pinot Noir 2008

visuals: an opalescently dark eggplant.
sniffings: did you ever think manure could be so inviting?
palate: light, simple, supple-warm-buttery-raspberry creme.
ruling: thank you New Zealand for this, thine fabulously unpretentious, out-of-the-ordinary Pinot Noir. We went back for two more bottles for every day consumption.
spendings: $15 or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment