5.15.2010

Repercussions of My Swine Vice.

In an attempt at forming an unbiased food cart opinion, I simply proved I should not be trusted alone. The experiment was for four of us to review Namu separately and on different occasions, so as not to slant inclinations. Now food, for me, is always centerpiece to an enjoyable social occasion. Standing friendless at a food cart is generally a mess which, when offered a pulled pork sandwich, is a hot mess. When left to my own vices, the swine will always win. BBQ Memphis pulled pork, tangy Carolina, or Kalua style -- any which way you put it, pulled pork resistance is futile. Unabashed, I made a $5 contribution to my vice, and stuffed myself on Namu's pulled pork sandwich. After craving a spicier horseradish, and a less drenched mop-like scoop of pork, I decided it was still quite tasty, and then decided that me eating alone is hopelessly inane. The pork had blinded me to all the mouthwatering Korean BBQ bits on the menu. I should have ordered a kalbi rib, the vegan bowl, some kim chee, even just a scoop of pulled pork. I sat there feeling silly, uncomfortably full, and particularly ashamed. In the end, I must admit failure. My apologies for botching the unbiased opinion experiment.

-- devon.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is mouth watering and your writing style is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete